Do you like raspberries? We bet you do; we have never met anyone who does not enjoy the sweet and sour taste and alluring smell of this fruit.
Next question: Do you like almonds? Once again there are maybe only a few of you that will say no to almonds. Their mild and slightly sweet taste paired with the fun crunchiness is hard to resist.
Now imagine these two all-time favorites combined in the warm homemade cookies, and you will have Razzle Dazzle Raspberry Almond Muffin Tops- and you are sure to love them!
These muffin tops are not only sweet and tasty but also very healthy! A healthy dessert, you must not believe your eyes and what you are reading right now, but continue reading, and you will find out that this is possible- it is actually razzle-dazzle magic!
Why Are Raspberries Good For You?
● Decrease the risk of obesity, and help lower weight – Low in calories and high in fiber, raspberries will help you maintain healthy body weight or lose some extra pounds when needed.
● Aid in managing diabetes – Raspberries are rich in fiber. Fiber is very important for maintaining healthy blood sugar levels.
● Help in the prevention of heart disease – Eating raspberries will provide your body with anthocyanins, a group of flavonoids believed to reduce the inflammation and thus help prevent cardiovascular disease. Polyphenol, another anti-inflammatory compound found in raspberries, contributes to the lower risk of heart disease as well by reducing high blood pressure and not allowing any platelet buildup.
● Rich in Potassium – Potassium keeps the blood pressure low and significantly lowers the risk of ischemic heart disease as well.
● Improve your memory – The flavonoids in raspberries will help you preserve your memory and slow down the loss of cognitive ability as you grow older.
● Anti-cancerogenic properties – Due to the high antioxidant content that fight off the free radicals that are considered to be a number one cause of tumor development and growth, raspberries are great protection from this terrible disease.
● Boost your immunity – Raspberries are rich in vitamin C, but also help detoxify your body- it is a great combination to strengthen your immune system.
● Keep the eyes healthy – vitamin C provides protection against UV light damage, while zeaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant found in raspberries, filters out harmful blue light rays. The combination of the two brings about protection from macular degeneration.
Why Are Almonds Good For You?
● Reduce the bad cholesterol level – A recent study has shown that consuming almonds lowers the bad cholesterol levels but also increases the level of vitamin E in your plasma and red blood cells.
● Reduce cancer risk – In general, all the nuts have anti-cancerogenic properties. For this reason, If you eat almonds, peanuts, or walnuts you will lower the risk of breast cancer for as much as three times. Not bad, right?
● Prevent heart disease – Once again all the nuts and seeds have a common quality of being able to improve the levels of blood lipids which are essential for maintaining a healthy heart. This way, almonds can, if consumed daily, help you prevent heart diseases. Moreover, almonds will also increase the number of antioxidants in your blood, help lower high blood pressure, and improve the blood flow in your blood vessels.
● Rich in vitamin E – Vitamin E is an essential vitamin for all those trying to stay healthy due to its antioxidative features. Almonds are actually the best natural source of this important vitamin as one ounce of almonds can provide almost 40% of the recommended daily intake.
As an antioxidant, vitamin E protects the cells in your body from oxidative damage and thus reduces the risk from some devastating diseases such as Alzheimer’s, some forms of cancer, and heart diseases.
● Help in diabetes prevention – Some studies have proven that almonds can help keep the blood sugar levels in check. This is due to the high levels of magnesium in almonds. Namely, one ounce of these nuts contains almost a quarter of the daily recommended amount of this essential mineral.
One-third of people suffering from type 2 diabetes have low magnesium levels as well. When these people consume more magnesium, they also improve their insulin resistance.
● Help manage weight – Rich in proteins and fiber and low in carbohydrates, almonds are a great snack when you are on a weight-loss diet. They will help you stay satiated longer thus helping you to avoid any extra calories.
How Come Razzle Dazzle Raspberry Almond Muffin Tops Are Good For You?
Well, it is easy- they have no white flour, no sugar and they are oil-free. Great, isn’t it? This makes them a perfect choice for healthy breakfast or an afternoon snack. When you add up all the health benefits of almonds and raspberries, healthy oat flour and honey, you will be 100% dazzled by the health-potential of this small muffin top raspberry delight!
Our Recipe For Healthy Razzle Dazzle Raspberry Almond Muffin Tops
These muffin tops will take less than half an hour to make as you need only around ten minutes to bake them. The recipe will provide you with six amazing Razzle Dazzle Raspberry Almond Muffin Tops to share with your friends and family, or keep for yourself- it is up to you!
You Will Need
● One cup of oat flour
● A quarter of a cup of ground almonds/ one additional tablespoon of ground almonds
● One teaspoon of baking powder
● Two tablespoons of honey (you can add one or two tablespoons more if you prefer the cookies sweeter)
● One-third of a cup of buttermilk (we prefer making our own from almond milk and lemon juice)
● Two tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce
● One teaspoon of vanilla extract
● One large egg
● Half a cup of chopped frozen raspberries
You Will Also Need
➢ Baking pan
➢ Baking sheet with parchment paper
➢ Two mixing bowls
➢ Wire Rack
The Preparation Of Razzle Dazzle Raspberry Almond Muffin Tops
Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
At this point, we prepare the buttermilk by mixing one teaspoon of lemon juice and one-third of a cup of almond milk. If you do this too, you will notice the milk begin curdling immediately. If, however curdling does not start right away, do not panic but simply add some more lemon juice. Once the buttermilk is done set it aside and continue with the preparation process.
Use one mixing bowl and sift together all the dry ingredients (oat flour, baking powder, and ground almonds). Use the other mixing bowl to combine the remaining ingredients. Start by pouring the buttermilk and then add the honey, egg, vanilla, and applesauce.
Finally, combine the wet and dry ingredients in one bowl by lightly stirring them until they form a slightly thick batter. The raspberries come last, so add them now.
The only remaining step is to bake your Razzle Dazzle Raspberry Almond Muffin Tops. To do so, first drop six even batter circles onto the baking sheet in your pan. Bake them for around ten minutes and then check if they are ready by using a toothpick. If the toothpick is not clean when you take it out, leave the muffin tops to bake for two more minutes.
Let the muffin tops cool down for five minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack. If you do not plan to eat them right away (although we doubt you will be able to resist the temptation once the smell fills up your home), you can store the cool muffin tops into an air-tight container and save them for a week or so. If you need to keep them longer, you can freeze them for up to one month.
As you can see, Razzle Dazzle Raspberry Almond Muffin Tops are extra easy to make, and you do not have to own any special liners or be extra careful about how to fill them. You simply plop some batter on parchment paper and voilà-the muffin tops are ready to bake.
They will come out as extra big cookies. However, they are much better than your regular cookies due to two important reasons- they are easier to make and much, much healthier!
Try out the recipe, and you will see it for yourself. We are sure you are going to fall in love with these extraordinary, chewy and soft Razzle Dazzle Raspberry Almond Muffin Tops .
We will stop writing now, as we are mouth watering too much! So long our dear friends, we are off to enjoy our Razzle Dazzle Raspberry Almond Muffin Tops! Over and out!